Wednesday 29 April 2009

Greetings from The Ferry Building, San Francisco


Hi Mark,

I have been back from Australia for a week now and just catching up on e-mails.

I wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful tour of the Central Market. That was a highlight of the trip and you were a very informative and delightful guide. I really enjoyed talking with you. I have shared the book on the CM that I picked up with my co-workers. After we left you I did quite a bit of shopping at the market and have been enjoying many of the food items I brought home with me.

We drove from Adelaide to Robe, Port Ferry, Apollo Bay then down the Great Ocean Hwy to Melbourne. I enjoyed dining in Melbourne but was disappointed not to get to go to the Victoria market. The day we had free it was closed so that visit will have to be another trip. Then we flew to Sydney. We had perfect weather, great dining experiences and I got to local farmers markets. We really got into eating rocket with everything – here we have arugula which is very similar. We met a farmer who is going to send rocket seeds to us. A lovely way to end the trip. (For info on arugula or as we call it ..rocket http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/good-living/eat-it-now-rocket/2008/11/10/1226165462358.html )

Please stay in touch and if you are ever in San Francisco I would love to tour you around our market at the Ferry Building and other food and market places here in the City. Joe lives in wine country just an hour away and can provide a wine & food experience there as well.

The Ferry Building website is http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com/

Thank you again and I hope to visit your wonderful country again sometime.

Best Regards,

Deborah Garofalo


















No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors